Thursday, October 23, 2008

I'm Losing Her

The tumor in her mouth has returned, and it is growing fast. It has covered another tooth. It's not ulcerated, but it is getting red, probably from abrasion with food. I don't see any other tumors or holes in her mouth.



About 3 days ago, she started bleeding from her nose. This was from all the sneezing she was doing. And her eye is getting weepy from the blocked tear duct. I took the first picture 10/21/08.

The second picture is the next day, 10/22/08. It is clear to me that the tumor is getting bigger, and the eye is still weeping.



Now she is not sneezing as much, but is making a raspy noise when she purrs. It also seems that her breaths are deeper; I can see distinct rising and falling in her chest.

She is failing so much faster than I expected. I thought we would have a couple of months. Now I am truly wondering how I can possibly put her to board with the vet for five days starting on Saturday. (I have to leave town for a surgery.) She is semi-feral, and going out of the house terrifies her. Having strangers in the house terrifies her. Do I really want her final days to include being (or totally be) at a place that terrifies her. God, this reminds me of when I got her from the shelter and she clung to me, telling me that she truly did not want to be in that strange place

And just last night, we played with her cat dancer.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I am going through the same thing right now :-(

MySharonAnne said...

I'm am going through the same thing now with my gray tabby named Lilly. My poor baby is suffering so much. I'm taking her into vet tomorrow to her final resting place.