Saturday, October 25, 2008

Peace always, my Lily Belle

I helped Lily pass this evening, gently into the night, here at home. Her cancer was progressing rapidly.

Never again will I feel that soft paw on my leg, asking for food or attention.

Never again will I hear her scratch on her bedroom door, letting me know for the umpteenth time during the day that she wants to be let out.

Never again will I feel her body slam mine at night, as she asks for a belly rub.

Never again will I feel her cold, wet nose on my nose as she rubs my face.

Never again will I feel that rabbit-like fur, warm, and soft, and silky.

Never will I forget her joy with living, and her immense love for me, her one and only person.

My GA Ruby has been watching over Lily since we found out she had cancer, and has greeted her soul into the vastness.

Lily, this was my gift to you. I will keep you forever in my heart, and I will be forever with your soul.

Venita, October 25, 2008

Post on FDMB

No comments: